Common Personal Injury Questions

Palm Springs Personal Injury Attorney

At Gilbert & Bourke, we have provided a simple list of some of the basic questions that our clients often ask us. This is not a comprehensive list, and only intended to provide general information. If you would like to learn more about the details of your case or if you have questions about any of the answers we provided below, feel free to contact our team of Palm Springs personal injury lawyers for help.

Who is responsible for my medical bills if I fell in a parking lot of a business?

The owner and/or occupant of the premises would be liable if your accident was caused by poor lighting or a dangerous condition that existed on the premises. They would be responsible for your accident-related costs, including medical bills, lost earnings, and other general damages. You should talk to an attorney immediately to make sure your claim is properly filed and that evidence is preserved.

I had a lawyer 4 years ago. I won my case and got a settlement. When I turned 18 I was supposed to be able to get my money. But the lawyer is not answering my calls or messages.

Consult with an attorney who focuses in legal malpractice claims and also contact the State Bar of California about your concerns. You should start by asking your parent or guardian about the status of the case. When a minor's case settles, the Court is supposed to approve the case, and the net money to the minor is to be placed in a "blocked account" (meaning that no withdrawals can be made without approval from the Court). This account is in the minor's name under the Guardian Ad Litem. When the minor turns 18 years old, he or she can go directly to the bank and access the funds.

What is a reasonable compensation for pain and suffering in a car accident?

It is impossible to provide a value without looking into the details of your case. It is important that you consult with a lawyer to get a more accurate assessment and to see whether an insurance company's offer is fair, according to the insurance policy limits of the other driver.

Do I have to cover someone's medical bills if I accidentally caused an injury?

If you have homeowner's insurance, you may be able to call your insurance company to help you defend against these types of claims. Many homeowners' insurance policies carry a general negligence coverage that can cover negligent acts that are not automobile-related.

Is the driver who hit me responsible for car rental costs?

The driver is responsible for the reasonable value of your rental car during the duration that your car is in the repair shop, as well as the cost for your car's repairs.

To learn more, just call our team at (760) 394-5036.

Contact Gilbert & Bourke Today

Representing Our Clients’ Rights Since 1974

Send My Information


Our Palm Springs lawyers understand that any legal matter can result in life-changing repercussions. No matter what your case entails, we stand ready to provide the solid legal counsel you can trust. It is this client-centered approach that helps us get results.

In order to best serve our clients, we are attorneys who are always available to our clients. We prioritize being accessible to you, and if you have any questions or concerns about your accident, disability, or estate planning matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience.

An attorney will speak with you before you actually set an appointment so we can make sure that we are really a good fit for your case. If we are able to help you, then we offer a free in-person consultation where we can go over your legal options and discuss the best course of action for you to take. Use this form today to get started!