Call Today 760.800.6038

Common Personal Injury Questions

Palm Springs Personal Injury Attorney

At Gilbert & Bourke, we have provided a simple list of some of the basic questions that our clients often ask us. This is not a comprehensive list and only intended to provide general information. If you would like to learn more about the details of your case or if you have questions about any of the answers we provided below, feel free to contact our team of Palm Springs personal injury lawyers for help.

Who is responsible for my medical bills if I fell in a parking lot of a business?

The owner and/or occupant of the premises would be liable if your accident was caused by poor lighting or a dangerous condition that existed on the premises. They would be responsible for your accident-related costs, including medical bills, lost earnings, and other general damages. You should talk to an attorney immediately to make sure your claim is properly filed and that evidence is preserved.

I had a lawyer 4 years ago. I won my case and got a settlement. When I turned 18 I was supposed to be able to get my money. But the lawyer is not answering my calls or messages.

Consult with an attorney who focuses on legal malpractice claims and also contacts the State Bar of California about your concerns. You should start by asking your parents or guardian about the status of the case. When a minor's case settles, the Court is supposed to approve the case, and the net money to the minor is to be placed in a "blocked account" (meaning that no withdrawals can be made without approval from the Court). This account is in the minor's name under the Guardian Ad Litem. When the minor turns 18 years old, he or she can go directly to the bank and access the funds.

What is reasonable compensation for pain and suffering in a car accident?

It is impossible to provide a value without looking into the details of your car accident case. It is important that you consult with a lawyer to get a more accurate assessment and to see whether an insurance company's offer is fair, according to the insurance policy limits of the other driver.

Do I have to cover someone's medical bills if I accidentally caused an injury?

If you have homeowner's insurance, you may be able to call your insurance company to help you defend against these types of claims. Many homeowners' insurance policies carry a general negligence coverage that can cover negligent acts that are not automobile-related.

Is the driver who hit me responsible for car rental costs?

The driver is responsible for the reasonable value of your rental car during the duration that your car is in the repair shop, as well as the cost for your car's repairs.

To learn more, just call our team at (760) 800-6038.

What Our Clients Are Saying

  • “I would highly regard Adam as the best asset to have with you.”

    Guy H.
  • “I could not have asked for a better lawyer on my side!!”

    Jill L.
  • “Very good at their jobs”

    David W.


  1. 40+ Years of Serving Coachella Valley
  2. Personal Attention for Every Client
  3. Experienced Leaders in the Legal Field
  4. Proven Track Record of Success
  5. Three Generations of High-Caliber Attorneys
  6. Treating Clients with Utmost Respect
  7. Client-Oriented Approach
  8. Free Case Consultations
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.